Spicy Sausage and Kale Soup
Spicy Sausage and Kale Soup Recipe ( Video )
Kale is one of the most nutritious greens out there, and pairs perfectly with sausage.
Added by John on 13 Jul 2010 @ 23:35
Category: Soup Recipes | Views: 313
- 8 oz spicy sausage, cut in 1/2-in pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 1 quart chicken stock or any stock
- 1 quart water
- 12 oz fresh kale, roughly chopped
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sour cream and paprika to garnish
In a large saucepan, sauté the sausage over medium heat until browned. Remove from pan and pour off fat. Add the olive oil and onions, and sauté until soft. Add the sausage, potatoes, stock, and water. Bring to a simmer, and cook until the potatoes begin to fall apart. Add the kale and stir until it all wilts into the soup. Simmer for 10 minutes, until the kale is cooked. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
If you want, mash some of the potato to thicken the soup, or serve as is. Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and shake of paprika.