Super Bowl Chili
Super Bowl Chili Recipe ( Video )
This chili is delicious, spicy and flavorful. It is the perfect food to serve during the big game.
Added by John on 09 Feb 2011 @ 14:56
Category: Meat Recipes | Views: 1,564
- 2 tbls of EVOO
- 1 lbs ground hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 ½ tbls chili powder
- 2 tsp roasted ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp cayenne (red pepper)
- 1 salt to taste
- 0/1 oz can of tomato sauce
- 0/1 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes diced
- 0/1 oz can of red kidney beans, drained but not rinsed
- 2 cup water
- 1 rind of parmesan cheese
- 2 tbls of fresh basil chopped
Drizzle 2 tbls of EVOO at bottom of a cooking pot, turn heat to a high and place the hamburger in pot along with the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne. Allow for the hamburger to brown.
Once the hamburger browns put onions and garlic into the pot and turn your heat down to a medium-high for about 3-4 minutes until onions become a translucent. Add green pepper, jalapeno, celery and stir for another 3-4 minutes. Finally add the tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes diced, kidney bean, water and the rind of parmesan cheese.
Turn heat to medium-low to low and allow soup to simmer for at least 1 ½ - 2 hours (the longer the better). Right before serving take out the cheese rind and put fresh basil in the soup and stir.
Serve with your favorite topping: Frito chips, shredded cheese, diced red onion and/or sour cream. Enjoy!