Chicken Chili with Spicy White Bean
Chicken Chili with Spicy White Bean Recipe ( Video )
This Chicken Chili with White Bean is spicy, sweet, delicious. The key in this recipe is chicken thighs which are moist, shapely, boneless-skinless.<br />
Added by John on 28 Apr 2010 @ 15:06
Category: Meat Recipes | Views: 339
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 can (10-ounce) diced tomato with green chilies
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) great northern, or navy beans, drained
- 1 chopped fresh cilantro to garnish, optional
Take 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thigh, cut it into half inch pieces. Add 2 tbsp vegetable oil into a pot over a heat. Cook these chicken thigh pieces for about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, add 1 diced onion, 3 cloves minced garlic, 2 tbsp ground cumin, 1 tsp oregano, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon into a big bowl.
When the chicken thigh pieces are ready, push them aside to make some space in the centre of the pot. Dump in the onion and garlic mixture in the centre. Saute for 5 minutes, stir constantly. Add 4 cups chicken broth. Bring it to a simmer.
Then add 1 can (10-ounce) diced tomato, the diced red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, and green bell pepper. Give it a stir. Simmer for another 30 minutes.
Then bring it to a simmer. Turn the heat to med-low. Add the drained white beans. Give it a stir. Simmer for 30 minutes on low heat. Then take a potato masher to smash the bean in the pot.
To finish, throw in some chopped fresh cilantro to garnish.