Spicy Three-Bean Chili
Spicy Three-Bean Chili Recipe ( Video )
This Spicy Three Beans Chili is meat-free and Nutritious, but still very tasty meal.<br />
Added by John on 22 Feb 2010 @ 12:01
Category: Healthy Recipes | Views: 339
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion - diced
- 2 Cloves garlic - minced
- 1 jalapeño - seeded - minced
- 1 red bell pepper - seeded - diced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ancho chili powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 cup water
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans - drained
- 1 (15-oz) can pinto beans - drained
- 1 (15-oz) can red kidney beans - drained
- 1 lbs package frozen sweet corn - thawed - drained well
- 1 salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 6 oz pepper Jack cheese - shredded
Add 2 tbsp olive oil in a pot over medium-low heat. When the oil is hot, add 1 diced onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes until soft and tender. Add 2 cloves minced garlic. Give it a stir. add 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 to 1 tsp chipotle chili powder, 1 tbsp ground cumin, 1 jalapeño, some salt, and 1/2 to 1 tsp chipotle chili powder. Give it a stir.
Then add 1 cup tomato sauce and 3 cups water. Give it a stir. Bring it to a simmer. Turn the heat to medium high.
Drain 1 (15-oz) can black beans, 1 (15-oz) can pinto beans, 1 (15-oz) can red kidney beans, and 1 pound package frozen sweet corn. Put them into a large bowl.
Add 1 red bell pepper, 1/2 tsp dried oregano into the pot. Then pour the beans and corn mixture into the pot. Bring it to a simmer on med-high heat. Then lower the heat to medium, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Then use a potato masher to mash the beans and corns for a couple minutes. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
To serve, Topped with some pepper Jack cheese.