Steak with Peppercorn Sauce
Steak with Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
Steak with a Brandy Peppercorn Sauce with Mushrooms. Simple and delicious.
Added by SamanthasSupper on 04 Nov 2011 @ 14:38
Category: Dinner Recipes | Views: 996
- 2 Rib Eye or Sirloin Steaks
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 tabs black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup Demi-Glaze or Beef Stock
- 1/2 tabs Butter
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 1 vegetable oil
- 1 handful sliced mushrooms
Wrap the peppercorns in cling film and place inside a tea towel. Smash with a rolling pin until crushed well. Remove, place in a small dish and set aside.
Bring steaks to room temperature before cooking. Heat a fry pan to very high. Brush the steaks lightly on each side with vegetable oil.
Gently place the steaks in the fry pan and cook each side for 2-3 mins or to your preference.
Remove the steaks to rest while you prepare the sauce. Turn the fry pan down to medium.
Add a little more oil to the pan if required and add the mushrooms, followed by the peppercorns. Stir well with a wooden spoon. Add the demi-glaze or beef stock and brandy. Bubble away for a few mins.
Add the cream and cook gently for another few mins or until the sauce begins to foam slightly. Turn off the heat and add the butter to enrich and gloss the sauce.
Plate up and spoon the meat juices over the steaks. Serve the sauce in a jug along with a green side salad and french fries.
- Anonymous user ( about 1 week ago / May 16, 2013 )
- Anonymous user ( about 3 weeks ago / May 2, 2013 )
- Anonymous user ( about 5 weeks ago / Apr 14, 2013 )
- Anonymous user ( about 6 weeks ago / Apr 11, 2013 )
- Anonymous user ( about 26 weeks ago / Nov 22, 2012 )
- Anonymous user ( about 28 weeks ago / Nov 7, 2012 )
- Anonymous user ( about 31 weeks ago / Oct 18, 2012 )
- Anonymous user ( about 43 weeks ago / Jul 24, 2012 )
- Anonymous user ( about 46 weeks ago / Jul 1, 2012 )
- Anonymous user ( about 47 weeks ago / Jun 26, 2012 )