Spinach and Sausage Soup
Spinach and Sausage Soup Recipe
This quick and easy soup is a perfect healthy weeknight meal.
Added by Ali512 on 16 Feb 2011 @ 08:53
Category: Dinner Recipes | Views: 196
- 1/2 lbs spicy smoked sausage, preferably adouille
- 2 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 can white beans, such as great white northern or cannelini
- 0/1 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cajun seasoning to taste
- 1 One bag of baby spinach
Slice the sausage. Heat some butter or olive oil in a large pot, and saute the sausage until it\'s nicely browned.
Add the chicken stock along with the tomatoes and their juices. Bring to a simmer.
Add spinach and cook until tender, 3-5 minutes
Drain the can of white beans and add them to the soup.
Season with Cajun seasoning to taste.
Remove from heat and serve once beans are heated through, about 2-3 minutes.