Mint Quinoa Salad
Mint Quinoa Salad Recipe ( Video )
This is a very Healthy Vegan Recipes - Quinoa Salad. It is fresh and healthy. Fresh mint often gets overlooked for basil, it can be addition to this fresh salad.
Added by John on 25 Mar 2011 @ 14:33
Category: Dinner Recipes | Views: 2,002
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp walnuts, soaked and lightly toasted
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp cumin
Soak the walnuts for at least 30 minutes, then toast them if you like by putting them on a baking tray in an oven for a few minutes. Keep an eye on them, as they will toast quickly. Anywhere from 300-350 degrees F is fine.
Rinse the quinoa with water, drain, add 2 cups water for every 1 cup quinoa. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt in the water, bring it to a boil for a minute, then turn down to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Quinoa is fully cooked when you see the swirl of the grains, with a translucent center, and it is fluffy. Do not stir the quinoa while it is cooking.
While the quinoa cooks, chop the vegetables and herbs. Mix together the lemon zest, juice, pressed garlic, and cumin as a dressing. Toss this with the vegetables, then add the quinoa and walnuts and toss. I hope you enjoy this quinoa salad recipe, the latest of my healthy vegan recipes.
- barbisilva3( about 33 weeks ago / Oct 26, 2012 )
- Anonymous user ( about 35 weeks ago / Oct 11, 2012 )
- erikaja984991( about 42 weeks ago / Aug 29, 2012 )
- Anonymous user ( about 45 weeks ago / Aug 6, 2012 )