California Dreamin Chicken Taco
California Dreamin Chicken Taco Recipe
Add a new twist to a family classic. Include canned California cling peaches as part of the topping and you will boost the number of fruit servings!
Added by Info4YourLife on 26 Mar 2012 @ 15:24
Category: Dinner Recipes | Views: 483
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light or regular (50 mL)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (50 mL)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (15 mL)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (1)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 can California Cling peach (14 oz/398 mL) (1 can)
- 2 cup packaged coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix (500 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander (50 mL)
- 4 skinless boneless chicken cutlets (4)
- 2 tsp TexMex seasoning (10 mL)
- 8 large taco shells or small flour tortillas (8)
- 1 hot sauce (optional)
In a bowl, stir mayonnaise with yogurt, lime juice, garlic, salt and cayenne. Drain peaches well and chop. Place in a bowl along with slaw, coriander and half the mayonnaise mixture. Stir.
Sprinkle both sides of chicken with TexMex seasoning and sauté in 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil in a large frypan until cooked through (approx. 6 to 8 mins. depending on thickness of chicken).
To assemble, warm shells. Add chicken to shells, drizzle with a bit of remaining mayo mixture. Top with slaw. Makes 8 Tacos.
Did you know? Canned peaches contain vitamin C, an antioxidant, which boosts the immune system, promotes healing and builds strong bones, teeth and gums. More information is available online at CalClingPeach.ca.
- Anonymous user ( about 1 week ago / May 16, 2013 )
- Anonymous user ( about 2 weeks ago / May 8, 2013 )
- Anonymous user ( about 3 weeks ago / Apr 28, 2013 )
- Anonymous user ( about 5 weeks ago / Apr 14, 2013 )
- Anonymous user ( about 6 weeks ago / Apr 11, 2013 )