Grasshopper Pie for St Patrick Day
Grasshopper Pie for St Patrick Day Recipe ( Video )
This Grasshopper Pie has the gorgeous green color - the Patrick's Day color. It goes well with a Chocolate Crumb Pie Crust and garnished with sweetened whipped cream, chocolate curls, and green maraschino cherries. It is sweet and tasty.
Added by John on 18 Mar 2011 @ 14:35
Category: Dessert Recipes | Views: 2,188
Tags: cooking, food, kitchen, recipes, drink, dessert, supper, dinner, lunch, cream, party, demonstration, best, home, made, simple, youtube, vlog, homemade, making, day, how to, bettyskitchen, betty, betty's, style, homestyle, southern, entertain, entertaining, brunch, bake, oven, baking, instructional, channel, chocolate, milk, how to make, you, de, diy, traditional, ever, saint, st., patrick's, educational, pie, crust, kentucky, tutorial, cookie, tube, cocoa, grasshopper, oreo, crème, marshmallow, cacao, menthe, whipping, crumb, youtube's
- 1 baked Chocolate Crumb Pie Crust (You will find a recipe for th
- 32 large marshmallows
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon mint fl
- 3 tbsp white (clear) crème de cacao—or crème de cocoa
- 1 ½ cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup additional chilled whipping cream
- 1 small amount of confectioner's sugar
- 1 dark chocolate curls or shavings (You will find a Quick Tip on m
- 1 green maraschino cherries
Heat 32 marshmallows with 2/3 cup milk in a saucepan over low to medium heat, stirring constantly until marshmallows are melted. Reduce heat if the sauce begins to stick to the bottom of the saucepan, and continue to stir continuously. (If the sauce sticks to the saucepan, it will brown slightly, causing small brown flecks in your pie mixture.)
Chill sauce until thickened. Blend in ¼ cup crème de menthe and 3 tablespoons white (clear) crème de cacao. Use a mixer to beat 1 ½ cup whipping cream until stiff. Fold whipped cream into marshmallow mixture. Pour into baked chocolate crumb crust. With a mixer, beat ½ cup whipping cream until stiff.
Add confectioner's sugar, to taste. Place dollops of sweetened whipped cream evenly in a pattern on top of pie. Sprinkle chocolate on top.
- Anonymous user ( about 10 weeks ago / Apr 4, 2013 )
- TshTrvC( about 23 weeks ago / Jan 8, 2013 )
- barbisilva3( about 33 weeks ago / Oct 29, 2012 )