Grilled Fish Tortillas with Avocado
Grilled Fish Tortillas with Avocado Recipe
Fish Tortillas is very popular these day, and the dish looks fantastic and easy to make.
Added by John on 01 Oct 2010 @ 15:52
Category: Baking Recipes | Views: 228
- 2 lbs Mahi Mahi steaks, cut into 4 inch wide strips
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas, purchased or homemade
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Aioli
- 1 Citrus Cucumber Relish
- 1 salsa
- 1 Ingredients for Citrus Cucumber Relish:
- 3 Kirby or pickling cucumbers
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, halved, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded white cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 serrano chili, seeded, if desired and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Ingredients for Chipotle Aioli:
- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
Take 3 Kirby or pickling cucumbers, peel, seed and cut into thin strips.
Take 3 plum tomatoes, cored, cut into thin strips.
Make the relish: Combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, cabbage, cilantro and chile in a nonreactive bowl. Combine orange, grapefruit, and lime juices and pour over the vegetables. Add the salt, toss to blend, and set aside for 30 minutes.
Make the Chipotle Aioli: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Grill the fish: Preheat a gas or electric grill, or light the broiler. Position the grill rack about 4 inches from the heat. Grill the Mahi Mahi for 4 minutes on each side, turning once, or until just cooked through.
Meanwhile, peel, seed and mash the avocado with a fork in a small bowl. Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and quickly warm in the oven (or warm on the grill as Chef Linquist does in the video), then spread each one with a little avocado. Put one piece of fish on each tortilla, spoon on a tablespoon of Citrus-Cucumber Relish and a scant tablespoon of Chipotle Aioli and fold. Serves 6, two tacos per serving.